Thailand day 5😸
No working out this morning as my hips are killing me! And to think that I want to go on a pilgrimage or extended hiking trip.🤔I should probably rethink that... Or get stem cells in my hips! Stem cells seem to be John's answer to any ailment!
Breakfast is yet another trip around the world with it's interesting offers. This morning, I grab a fermented egg to see if I can tolerate it enough to try. I've seen this on food network before. A delicacy we are told! ... Nope!
John heads back to the room to ensure that he doesn't miss Tucker Carlson on a review of the January 6th videos.
I stay in the restaurant and focus on my devotionals.
Today is laundry day! John found an affordable laundry place not far from the hotel so that I don't have to wash clothes in the bathtub again. I did feel resourceful and it brought out my love of pioneer creativity. Do you ever ask yourself...."how long would I have thrived on the prairie back in the days that indians were roaming and living free?" I think I would have defected and gone to live with my ancestors, the Cherokee! Farming back then looked like hard work!!!
Here is a pic of john dropping off our laundry.
Our next challenge is to find a nail salon in Thailand. As you guessed it, we found one less than a block away. John entertains himself with a massage while I get my nails done. He is such a good sport!
As I look around the salon, I am humbled by their ability to find value in all things. The handle on the dust pan (the kind that stands in it's own with a long handle so that you don't have to bend over) is broken and jagged. The bins holding the nail polish appear to have been originally dollar store purchased that were donated and thrifted a couple of times over. The cushions lost their shape years ago and the fabric covering them is thread bare. Beyond all is this, I see happy faces all around me. People are kind here, despite foreigners descending upon them with expectations that they do all the work of communication. We have yet to meet anyone that is less than gracious.
I'm getting hungry and we find a restaurant close by to get some lunch. Now, please understand... When I say restaurant, I mean an outdoor/open air building of sorts that has no less than one wall, sometimes two (but never made out of the same material). It looks reasonably clean and has good pictures of British as well as thai food.
I order soup and fried fish. They were both excellent! John ordered chili which was as he put it, "the best F-ing chili I've ever had". Half way through though, he starts to inquire with me, "what is different about this chili". He then asks if it has curry in it, which he hates. Yep, it has curry in it. I
Guess it goes to show that he doesn't even know his own tastes. He still stands by his hatred of curry!
Walking back to the hotel to cool off for an hour or two, we take a detour through the mall, which the Hilton is connected to... And guess what we find? Auntie Anne's! In Thailand- what?
Had an afternoon nap and back to having fun! Before we begin...Short stop at Starbucks and one VERY frustrated john at my lack of ability to "Just make a decision"! ... But I did get the free bag after purchasing $17 dollars of Starbucks snacks. Sounds like I won! BTW... Notice my name written in Thai on my decaf oat milk caramel frapacinno!
Nothing really exciting the rest of the evening. We did a lot of walking around. The streets are pretty crazy at night here. We've decided that pattaya is not really for us. We are going to the botanical gardens tomorrow though, so I am excited about that!
Comments
Post a Comment