Thailand day 8
Woke up to a beautiful resort! Birds calling and insects buzzing. They sound a lot like cicadas. It's funny, they are super loud then often ask stop in unison. Then start up again and get even louder. A bird was yelling at john yesterday until he walked closer then it shut up. It started up again as we walked away. 😸
Fairly uneventful day. We mostly researched things to do and I drove john crazy with my inability to make decisions. I did finally decide on an elephant sanctuary that I felt was the most ethical. It is the furthest away from us but it was important to support the right one. We had to extend our stay one additional day as they were booked a few days out.
We ended up booking an island hopping/sight seeing tour for Saturday as I didn't want to waste time taking a boat all the way to phi phi Islands to snorkel when we are going there next.
Had a fish snack...
And of course massages!
I did opt for a facial as well as a massage. Because, why not? John of course wants to go to the little independent salons to support the little guys instead of going to the larger, cleaner shops with running water and toilet paper🤨 He always feels so bad for them trying to make a living. My therapist is grumpy but I choose to send her good energy anyways. She is probably having a tough day. I will say though that she livened up and got really nice after john tipped her really well. 😸
Beautiful hotel! Love all the pictures, so glad you guys are having a great time!
ReplyDelete