Thailand day 9

We got an early start as we were scheduled to be waiting at the lobby for our tour pick up at 7:30am. We enjoyed a quick buffet breakfast. I also made two PBJ sandwiches in case the lunch provided on the boat wasn't palatable. This is what they now look like (7pm)! My backpack does smell yummy though.
After an hour long ride, we get to the tour guides store front near the dock and wait, and wait, and wait. I think our total wait time was over an hour and a half and I was getting unhappy. I am still not sure why the wait. It didn't appear we were waiting on anyone or anything. Just as I was about to consider calling it quits and getting a taxi back to our hotel, the guide calls us to "follow him". Nearly three hours into this adventure and hoping it's worth it. 🤨

We get on the boat and ready ourselves for another hour long ride. I at least have audible to keep me entertained. 

We do meet a lovely couple from Egypt on honeymoon. I get to take several photos for them so that's a bonus. We also meet several others from various countries, none of which are America. There is one family that as I mentioned to John, make it very difficult for me to love them. They were inconsiderate to all and continued to smoke on the main deck where everyone got to enjoy their bad habit. 😮‍💨 Another couple were newly married as well from India. She had beautiful bangles up both arms. She told me that this is an Indian tradition for new brides. They wear them for approximately six months. I love this! 
We get tiny opportunities to have meaningful conversations now that we are spending all our time together with no Tucker Carlson or Colin Cowherd. As we discussed loving others, John shared that his way of loving others was to support them in their chosen profession by tipping well (and as displayed previously), choosing to patronize the independent business folks "just trying to make a living".
Once we arrive at the first stop, we get on little boats rowed by our very own guide. He has an amazing sense of humor and a tenacious attitude. The first stop is called the bat cave. I'm able to convince john that there are truly no bats... Until we get in the cave only to see a ceiling full🫣😬.
Back in the boat and lunch is getting set up. We are going to find out how cultures come together and share a meal. It is the hunger games!!! Everyone heads in with no regard for lines, courtesy or direction. It's every man for himself. I get in there while john hangs back, not interested in taking the crowd on. 
The food is great and the PBJ sandwiches stay in the bag.
Next few islands are absolutely beautiful. We got so many photos I don't know which ones to post.
After a long day on the water, we head back. 
The tour guides start blowing a whistle and throwing fish out... The birds arrive en mass! They are swooping down and picking the fish out of the water all fighting for their bit of fish. 
One more hour on the boat and another hour in the van and back to the resort... Almost. 
So many scooters!!!
We have the driver drop is off at the restaurant on the bottom of the hill. We eat dinner and I order a midnight snack to go along with an iced green tea to keep me awake. I have a colson cohort meeting from 12:30 - 3am.
Thailand has it figured out when it comes to traveling with your drinks. Totally necessary when most people drive around on scooters. No drink holders!
While I'm waiting for snacks, John runs down the block to find me some aloe vera because my legs are burned! 🥵 In the short time I was in a canoe (maybe one hour) my legs got too much sun. First day without being fully covered and this is what happens! Back to wearing pants tomorrow. So hot!  He comes back with not one but threetubes on aloe.
Back to the hotel and find cuteness getting us!

Comments