Thailand - last day in Ko Samui
We decided to spend a relaxing day with no choreographed plans. We enjoy a slow placed and leisurely breakfast before going directly to the pool and staking out two chairs in the shade. We ensure that we have an umbrella that can be moved throughout the day to keep us completely covered and protected from the scorching rays of pure lava that come blasting out of the sun.
John got a super boring strawberry smoothy ๐ I have to admit and please promise me that your won't tell John, but I got a terrible stomach ache after my drink!
I set to reading my book and finish before lunch. I can't tell you how much I just absolutely enjoyed the indulgence of sitting in a lounger my the pool and pouring myself into a book that inspires and leaves me better off than when I started! I cried during this book more times than I can count. Total tearjerker! I probably got a few sideways glances. ๐ค
While I was reading, John elected to get a massage at the resort. He walked over straight from the pool to check on their schedule. Their prices seemed reasonable and the place looked nice. It was typical Thailand massage style which meant that you could expect to be in a room with several others all getting massages at the same time. Their schedule is open and they want to do his massage immediately. He asks to leave to change and get dry shorts on (he just got out of the pool and his shorts are soaked). Well.... They insist he stay and get the massage now even though going to the room and changing would take less than 10 minutes. ๐คจ He reluctantly agrees as he doesn't want to be rude. The a/c end up blowing straight at him (in his wet shorts!) and he gets the coldest massage of his life! Not an amazing experience!
He returns and we have lunch. Then back to the pool to hang out for the rest of the afternoon. I get another book in Kindle. I opt for another book by the same author as I loved the book from yesterday. I select, "The mountain between us". I discover that this book was made into a movie recently. I am now looking forward to seeing the movie after I read the book.
Late afternoon, we decide to head to the fisherman's village for a little sightseeing since it is our last night. We could walk but it is quite a ways and the temperature are scorching! We pay $200 BHT for the taxi. We walk down the street doing our best to avoid the scooters and cars that are driving way to fast down a street designed for tourists. This proves to be death defying on a few occasions. The street is lined with cute little retail shops and restaurants designed to lure us in. I am again starving so we stop for a snack. I get a drink called mermaid tears.
We then shopped for quite some time and I ended up buying a cute dress that I will have absolutely no where to wear it to. I am going to have to start having dinner parties so that I can buy more dresses! BTW, as I was trying on dresses, I noticed that I am absolutely burned from sitting in the shade all day. ๐ค Figure that one out!
We stop for dinner and get hamburgers. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures.
I did however, take lots of pictures of the resort on the last night so that you could see how nice it is.
It's evening and the lights illuminate the wood and give it a soft glow. The sounds of cicadas are loud and insistent. It feels a little like your are in the middle of nowhere. You could mistakenly think that your are in the wilderness, tucked away in an isolated camp with no one else there at all. This place is really quite unique. I would say that it's been my favorite resort of the trip so far. The pool is understated but the feel of the resort is as it's name states, peace-ful. ๐
Comments
Post a Comment