Thailand-last day in Krabi
This post is going to be short because I am sitting in ko Samui and realized that I forgot to tell you all about yesterday!
Here goes!
We spent the morning in the room with John taking to an international T-Mobile customer service rep trying to help us get the hot spot working. I had about 10 minutes of work to do (that couldn't be done on an open Internet) and couldn't get my internet moving. Ugh! That took about two hours. Not awesome!
We went to lunch at Family restaurant. John found this place down a back street while I was scuba diving. It is super busy and has really good food. We got spring rolls as normal. I got fried fish which looked nothing like the picture in the menu but was better than expected. BTW, there was more than you are seeing in the picture- I continually forget to take pictures until after I've already taken a few bites. In this case, I already ate two fish bits.
We then bought some peanuts and headed back out to feed the monkeys. Unfortunately, they are well fed and were napping in the trees by the time we get there. The little ones were playing while the older ones were napping! There were a few grumpy monkeys hanging out writing reach. One was holding a beer can. The other was kind enough to take a peanut from me but proceeded to rub it between both hands then against his body as if to rub off the human filth that inevitably infected it. Actually, it was probably the salt the he wisely knew covered all the peanuts available at 7-11.
We then got massages! Here is what a typical massage bed looks like here.
It is a 3 x 7 foot platform with a thin cushion. No hole for your face in most cases so you end up getting a crick in your neck. I figured out how to fold the pillow and rest my forehead against the pillow while facing straight down.
The curtain you see is all that separates me from the reception area and the front door leading to a very noisy road.
And the shoes outside indicating how busy there are!
We choose a German restaurant for dinner. I choose meatballs and think of Aurora as she likes swedish meatballs. These are bound to be similar, right?
The food was amazing! And it was actually authentic German. We got to meet the restaurant owner. Definitely German!
We went to get our laundry and head back to the resort for the evening.
It is so hot outside that sweat rolls down your back in between your shoulder blades. Getting back to the hotel room with chilly a/c is a mixture of relief and an instead need to get the soaking wet clothes off as the have turned freezing cold.
Comments
Post a Comment