Thailand- leaving Krabi😥

Today, we leave Krabi. And in typical Asplund fashion, we prepare to leave several hours early! 
While getting packed, we watch out typical morning vacation TV. Here in Thailand it is... Sumo wrestling!

When we are in vacation, there is typically very little TV to select from as we are often away from America and can't understand the language. Sumo wrestling can be enjoyed in any language! 😸 I remember the first cruise that John and I went on. The TV show that was on at that time was The King of Queens. We had never seen it before and quite enjoyed it. Like smells, these tv shows remind us of times we spent away from home. The two other channels that we have here are paramount, which shows movies in English- last night was Transformers, and national geographic- these are hit and miss. One night we leaned about cheese making, the next was the trials in the Nazis regime- I clicked it off. 

Here are a few pictures of the resort- I forgot to take them upon arriving. I will endeavor to get better at this blog stuff!
Sorry, that was pretty underwhelming. I'll take more pictures of the next one. 

45 minute drive to the airport, then wait three+ hours. 🥴 We are so early that we can't even check in for the flight yet. We wait!
The flight is quick and we even get served a nice snack during a simple 45 minute flight. The Thai hospitality at work again! 
We get to our resort and it's the nicest yet. It is called the Peace resort and the name does explain it! Very peaceful!
There was even a refreshment waiting for us in the room. A few oranges and a couple of cookies. I open the jar of cookies and they smell amazing! One is only a half of a cookie though so I get concerned that it was maybe smacked on already by a previous guest. I simply enjoy the smell. 
The a/c is not working very well at all. This is out third bum air conditioner. What luck we have. The resort engineers come and work on it and are confident in it's impending performance. (John continues to try and have conversations with these poor fellows by using his Google translate app). Then, he attempts to insert his trademark sarcasms and just confuses them further. 😁
We head out for a massage and dinner while the room cools off.
I elected for a 90 minute spa for treatment. It was very relaxing and my feet feel wonderful! We went next door to a restaurant that was so busy we had to wait inside for a table to come available. We ordered steamed spring rolls (our standard starter), Sea bass, Pad Thai, and Thai pork basil. 
All of the food was authentic and very tasty. It was the best Pad Thai that John had ever eaten, probably me too! I'm fact, I think I only got four bites of the first serving of pad Thai when I told him I was ordering another one. He looked at me like I was crazy and asked if I was seriously still hungry. 🤔 He had no clue that he had devoured it almost entirely on his own. I only ate one side of this enormous fish and john of course, did not help me. Both the busser and the waitress (maybe owner) both looked at me confused and asked if I didn't like it. I assured them it was wonderful and that I just couldn't eat an entire fish in my own. I blamed it on my husband for not helping. They were very distraught. She seems somewhat appeased though after I went to great lengths to exclaim how I really enjoyed it.

We head back to the room to find the a/c working intermittently. We call the front desk and alert them to the issue. We spend a frustrating evening with resort engineers and the concierge interpreting the issues. It is now working sufficient enough to get us through the evening so we ask to call it a night and see what happens. It is cool enough to sleep. We are not convinced it will hold up to the heat of day. Fingers crossed🤞

Comments