Thailand scuba day #2

I got to sleep in ๐Ÿ’ค as the dive team doesn't pick me up until 8:30 this morning. My stomach is upset at me for eating the green curry top ramen last night. I am concerned that I finish the visits to the restroom before I leave and my stomach settles. I can't imagine how I would handle a "situation" while iving. ๐Ÿซฃ You are told to pee in your wetsuit but I can't even imagine doing that. They tell me the toilets on the boat just dump right into the ocean anyways. Still...!
On the drive, I see a woman in a very rural area sitting at a table glueing tiny shells onto small figurines. You know the ones that are wrapped in plastic and look like they come from China. Well, I think they are truly made here! At least the ones sold in the gift shops in Thailand. I watch for her on the return trip and get a photo of a woman who is probably her mother because she is not at her table now and this woman looks older.
it is interesting to see the homes of people in different countries. What is normal, and acceptable in one culture is considered quite different in another. Do you ever consider what it would be like to live with less ...a lot less? It might be a much more peaceful life 
These are some of the nicer homes. It's not unusual to see homes here that are no bigger than one room. Maybe 15' x 15'.

Here is a picture of me getting ready to dive! 
and me after!
My hair is so sticky from the salt that I can't even rub my fingers through it.
Beautiful scenery on the boat ride home.
Now...I bet you are dying to hear all about the dive today since yesterday was such a disaster. It turned out to be amazing. ๐Ÿ˜ธ I do confess that I called on a little assistance and prayed the whole way there, which was about 45 minutes. I think prayer actual changes your brain waves much like meditation. I think I read that somewhere....๐Ÿค” I'm going to research that one further.
I got the right dive sight feeling confident and at peace. I got suited up and felt a tiny bit anxious. I got in the water and I started panicking...a tiny bit. I asked the instructor if I could hold his arm. That worked yesterday. He offered kindly. I went under and that was it. The minute I got five foot under and couldn't see the surface anymore, I was able to control my breathing and pull myself together it seems to be at the surface that I experienced most of my anxiety.
I then decent a little further and wait for the instructor and the other diver in my group. The other person hadn't dove in over 15 years. He did the up/ down freakout a thing few times until he got himself pulled together. Once descended, we all have a nice dive. I see so many beautiful ๐Ÿชธ coral, fish, even a sea snake ๐Ÿ. The time goes by so fast and my air consumption is half of what it was yesterday. I am back to loving this. I am so glad that John encouraged me to go today. If he had said one negative word about it or simply encouraged me to stay with him, I would have probably bailed and never gone back to this sport that I love so much. Fear can sure hold us back from so much in life if we allow it. 
The second dive today goes better than the first. I even get to see a sea horse for the first time ever ( in real life that is)! I sea so many beautiful creatures. The colors are absolutely amazing. There were tiny little caterpillar things that were black with brilliant purple dots all over them. I think they are called nudibranches. The things that you see under the ocean are absolutely breathtaking. I got to swim through a tunnel and look in caves. I love tunnels and caves! The idea that something special is hiding there gives me a thrill! 
The dive ends too quickly and we are back in the boat. I make my protein shake that I brought since they keep trying to feed my tofu. ๐Ÿฅด 
Such a good day!!!
Back to the hotel, quick dip in the pool to cool off. Head to dinner, then massage .. Because, why not?

We got McDonald's chicken on our way back to the hotel. I got spicy ( and regret it later). Their fried chicken is better that KFC! Also, did you know that McDonald's had a double Big Mac? What??? 

Evening snack before bed- I got a peice of chocolate cake and a banana toffee muffin for snack as takeaway at dinner earlier. I knew I would need the extra treat! I take two bites of each and get ready for bed. John gets exasperated with me for not eating the whole thing. I intend to snack on them for a few nights. *Spoiler alert- he threw them away when I was diving the next day because ( he didn't know I was still going to eat then .. As if!) He just doesn't know me at all. ๐Ÿคจ

Comments