Thailand- travel to Krabi
Today we travel to Krabi! John put in a request to Grab yesterday with no takers so far. It is now 10am with no way to Krabi, when suddenly he gets a hit! Someone signs up to drive us all the way to Krabi. I think it's expected to be two and a half hour drive. The first driver messages john that he needs paid in cash upfront to pay for gas. John had already selected cc payment. Hmmm🤔. He cancels the ride as things are going strangely with this driver. Two more strange situations and he lands on a driver that seems less sketchy. She arrives in a very nice, newer vehicle that promises a clean and cool ride. Yes!!!
The drive is long but it gives us time to figure out our next travel plans. BTW... When we get in the car, she asks us to cancel the grab and pay her cash. We are stuck as we need to get to Krabi. She explains later that Grab's fee is 40% of the fare. Not sure how I feel about this and super concerned that grab will somehow not work for us in the future. 😬 They probably identify violators of the app. The drivers insist that WE are the ones that have to request to cancel.
Almost three hours later...
She drops us off and asks for a picture. Probably to post on her "happy customer" page. I ask for one in return 😸
We check in and get to our room to find that the A/C doesn't work in this hotel either. 🥵 The remote for the TV is also in two pieces. The hotel is very nice though and I am excited to venture out for a tour and some food. Either they have old fashioned values or ran out of king size beds.
Already, I love this place! It's much cleaner than we've visited previously. Less noxious odors and did I mention, clean!
There is a 7-11, Starbucks and McDonald's outside our hotel. Crazy!
We have a snack and talk with the wonderful waitress that appears to be the owner of the cafe. The food is AMAZING and she is able to direct us to a local drive shop and give us some advice on phi phi.
Ive already booked a few dives on Wednesday with a different drive shop but end up booking three more days of dives with Fast Manta, the local drive shop down the street that she recommended. So ..I am going on over 8 dives over the next four days. We get back to the hotel to extend our stay here a few nights as we've decided to skip staying in Phi Phi since I can get to the Phi Phi dive sights with Fast Manta in half the normal time due to super fast boats. This saves two travel days also! We will miss staying in Phi Phi, which is supposed to be beautiful, but really like it here in Krabi. I am also concerned that john would have nothing to do on phi phi all day while I'm diving.
We are now booked for a longer stay here and john got our flight scheduled for the next leg of our trip, Ko Samui!
We spend the rest of our evening walking around, getting dinner, and just enjoying ourselves.
Love the Buddha double. 😄
ReplyDelete