2024 Bali to Tokyo- March 22
Today, we are in Coron. We opted for a swim/ snorkel excursion as the hike we were previously planned to go on might have frustrated john as I'll remind you that everyone on the ship is 65+and not in to physical health. Our pace might have been a little above walking but I couldn't be sure!
We get on the boat and discover that we do have shade! Yay!!!
Life jackets on, we head out to our first destination. I ask for snorkel gear and they point to a small pile of pink and purple snorkel masks with breathing tubes. No fins. Bummer! I notice that one of the employees and fellow helpers on the boat had a pair of paddles made out of some rigid wood peices cut into large ovals and tied to his feet with cording. Ingenious! I wish I had a pair as I have trouble getting anywhere when I get off the boat and at the tide is pushing me out further with every moment as I try to swim forward, towards the area that everyone is snorkeling. This could end up disastrous. The helper with the foot paddles throws me a life ring and tells me to hold on. He then proceeds to assist me quite efficiently. I am grateful! Snorkeling was nice as I always enjoy the peaceful serenity of the world teaming with life and light found just under the water. There is a small shipwreck that has coral growing on it just below the surface maybe 20 feet down. There are some fish but not many. Still peaceful! Still so worth it!
there are lots of islands that we see and so many people enjoying them all. What a paradise! The water is spectacular. The shallow parts are the color of blue/green that take your breath away. You just want to get in and see what hidden treasures can be found. We end up at our next stop to another and get an hour to enjoy it. I choose to snorkel whereas many of the others enjoy the beach time. The snacks provided are unusual and amazing! The bananas are coated in a sugar and deep-fried. They taste like a banana churro. They also served ripe mango and a rice treat that was also very good.
Snorkeling here was amazing as the coral was no more than 5 feet before the surface. Less in some spots. There were so many beautiful fish, sea urchins, coral, and other sea life that I didn't know the names for. There was a plant that was white and looked like thick organza ribbon waving in the tide. So beautiful. I did have to keep watch out as the boats kept coming in and out of the beach and could run right over you if you weren't careful. John kept a good eye out for me from the beach and warned me of danger.
Here is a tiny church itn one of the island! Nice, right?
Shelters are built along the rock walls everywhere!
This has been such a great day with the man I love!
Our guide explains that this particular island is the heart ❤️ of Coron.
This is so awesome - Some of those pics don’t even seem real (Boulders on beaches) you guys look healthy and happy! Can’t wait to hear all about the adventure - Stay Safe! Ben
ReplyDelete